November 27, 2013

Day 113 - Happy Thanksgiving!



It's amazing how good it feels to vent a little bit every now & then!  And thanks to this blog, Emily doesn't have to put up with my whining (too much). :-) After my last post, I feel infinitely better.  We were able to solve most of previous issues, and the project continues to move steadily forward.  We are going to delay trenching in the natural gas until April.  Instead of a gas oven, we've decided to go with an induction range/electric oven.  The only thing on natural gas will be the gas fireplace.  Everything else will be electric.  As far as having a heat source for the workers this winter, the Geothermal unit is a No-Go until after construction is finished, so we will have to find some electric heaters to use.  Hopefully the SIPs will prove helpful with keeping things warm.  And now on with the latest news!


Big news on the job site this week:  Day 109 and we actually have a building permit posted!  I'm sure the building inspector will be pleased.

Lookin' good, Vanna!

Good news: The garage is completely shingled!!!  Not exactly ideal weather for shingling, but Tom & Al were hard at work yesterday.  On Friday Tom, Al & Travis plan to frame up the front porch.  After that is done, shingling on the front of the house should go pretty fast.
Hooray for Shingles!


More Good News:  Marty & Co from TreeTop Nursery installed our boulder walls this week!  I think they look awesome. It was Marty's birthday the day they placed the boulders.  Emily brought cupcakes.  Happy Birthday Marty!
Before
After
This pic just looks cool.
Smile Marty!  It's your birthday!

Even More Good News:  Brian Boser from Kummet Electric was out last week and installed the electric panels to our house.  We have 2 panels.  One is a dedicated panel for the geothermal unit.
Exterior
Interior

Well, that's all the news for now.

Between all the turkey, family, football & shopping, remember to thank God for all the blessings he has given you.  I'm thankful to have the ability to undertake a project like building this house.  It's an experience that I won't forget anytime soon!  I'm thankful for my job and the opportunities that I have to touch peoples lives.  It's an unbelievable privilege to have people entrust you with caring for their health.  It definitely makes the long days & short night worth while.  Finally, I'm so very thankful for my amazing family!  Harry is the most energetic, imaginative, and tenderhearted boy I've ever seen.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for his future.  Simply put, my Betsy girl is joy!  She lives each day to the fullest and melts my heart with every smile.  Linus is quite possibly the coolest 2-year-old I've ever met.  We have more in-depth conversations (usually involving Linus repeatedly asking the question "Why?") than you can imagine.  And that leaves my beautiful wife, Emily.  Wow!  How can I begin to describe how thankful I am for her? There are a million different ways she supports me and keeps this family running each and every day.  Laundry.  Cleaning.  Diaper changes.  Getting kids ready for school.  Helping with homework.  Getting kids ready for bed.  Preparing meals.  Dropping my lunch off at work!  Managing the social calendar.  Providing taxi service for the kids.  Grocery shopping.  Balancing the checkbook.  Putting up with me blogging about a new house!  She is selfless, tireless and deserving of infinitely more thanks that I can ever give her!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment